A portfolio of my work is available for viewing at this link Konley Kelley 2020 Portfolio
To work in the marketing, advertising, or training department of a company or organization that offers a rich work environment and a community of people focused on providing exceptional customer service.
DALLAS COLLEGE, Richland Campus / Garland Center (5/97 to present)
Director, Community Engagement, Outreach & Recruitment
Responsible for outreach, marketing and consultative activities in the delivery of college corporate training and resources. Direct, coordinate and track contract training efforts including sales, negotiation, contract development, billings and customer service. Act as liaison to state and federal agencies, chambers of commerce, educational organizations, and internal constituents at the college and district. Manage budgets and oversee specific grant and workforce training programs. Develop and complete documentation to provide compliance and financial data for state agencies, college accounting, grant oversight and district leadership. Serve as advocate for college and workforce training initiatives. Supervise corporate services team members. Select, hire and evaluate trainers. Administer CNC Machine Operator Apprenticeship program in partnership with the Dallas College Apprenticeship leadership team.
THE AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE, Los Angeles
Program Manager, Advanced Technology Programs (6/96 to 3/97)
Administrative Coordinator, Professional Training Division (10/94 to 5/96)
Administrative Coordinator, Grants and Special Gifts Department (11/93 to 9/94)
Managed training for the Professional Training Division (Spring, Fall and Winter terms). Recruited, hired, and supported instructors teaching classes in digital imaging, video, 3D modeling, animation, multimedia, web design and basic computer skills. Collaborated with instructors on course descriptions for AFI Training Catalog. Developed relationships with hardware/software vendors to promote and incorporate their products into AFI programs. Organized special events and seminars focused on new media and directed seasonal open houses for the Professional Training Division. Represented AFI at trade shows and hosted multimedia presentations for visitors to AFI's campus. Hired, scheduled and supervised interns and program volunteers. Prior to working for the Professional Training Division, supported AFI Development Director overseeing AFI memberships, special events and donor cultivation.
LORD, DENTSU & PARTNERS, Los Angeles (2/93 to 11/93)
Account Group Assistant
Supported account team managing $40 million Dole Foods Account. Duties included weekly status reports, charts and presentations, and office management. Coordinated with New Business Team researching markets and pitching the Agency to prospective clients.
Production Coordinator, Dallas (10/90 to 6/92)
Administrative Assistant, Los Angeles (10/89 to 10/90)
Worked with Agency Producer and Creative Team to service Nissan Motor Corporation regional management and dealer body. Duties included maintaining demo reel library and art files, updating and tracking all changes in ad copy, booking sessions at facilities, cutting purchase orders, and inputting information in jobs database. Prior to joining new Dallas office, assisted Executive Account Director and Field Account Director managing $300 million Nissan Regional Account in the Los Angeles office.
- Current President of the Texas Administrators of Continuing Education (TACE). Past chair of state conference and TACE North Region annual meeting. Former TACE North Region Representative. Conference Planning Committee Member and Chair of Vendor Committee. Past presenter and panelist for sessions about contract training, sales, marketing, and grant programs.
- Recipient of the Leadership Garland Distinguished Leader Award in 2018.
- Past Chair and member of the Leadership Garland Steering Committee.
- Twice served as Chair and current member, Leadership Garland Prayer Breakfast Committee.
- Graduate of Leadership Garland XXVI class.
- Past Presenter, National Council of Continuing Education and Training (NCCET).
- Member, Richardson Chamber Education and Workforce Committee.
- Presenter and participant in Dallas County Manufacturers’ Association and Garland Chamber of Commerce events. Past member of Garland Chamber HR Roundtable.
- LERN Certified Contract Trainer/Program Planner. Member, LERN Contract Training Advisory Group.
- Richland College Administrator of the Year nominee, 2005 & 2007.
- Richland College Employee of the Month, July, 2003.
- Past Vice-President and Member, Dallas County Community College District, Corporate Training Council. Co-Chair of DCCCD Corporate Training Council Marketing Committee.
- Full-time staff member at Richland College, winner of the 2005 Malcolm Baldrige Award for Organizational Excellence. Richland College is the first community college in the U.S. to win both the Malcolm Baldrige and Texas Quality Awards.
- Served on Richland College Excellence in Teaching and New Employee Orientation committees.
- Certified to facilitate AchieveGlobal and DDI programs.
- Past instructor for 3D Modeling and Photoshop for Richland College Continuing Education Division.
- Designed mock CRM. Limited experience with ACT and Saleforce.com. Proficient in MS Office.
- Past President and Board member, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Garland. Chair of Fundraising and HR Committees. Volunteer for community events.
- Education Officer for the Commemorative Air Force B-29/B-24 Squadron based in Dallas, Texas. Qualified crew member on "FIFI,” a B-29 Superfortress and Diamond Lil," a B-24 Liberator. Editor of the Squadron newsletter 2012 to present. Recipient “Above and Beyond” and “Dedication” Awards. Designer of air show posters and Squadron Px items. Speaker and Presenter.
- Presenter "Modeling History with Photoshop" and "Modeling History in 3D” for local schools, youth organizations, veterans groups, museums and emeritus programs.
- Volunteer for Cub Scouts, Youth Sports, and Bent Tree Bible Fellowship Youth Ministry.
- Volunteer for Wildflower Arts & Music Festival, Richardson, Texas.
1992 Ad2 Dallas, Public Service Committee, Chairman
For Journey, a gang-alternative youth group sponsored by the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dallas, created broadcast and print advertising as part of a new public service campaign.
1991 Ad2 Dallas, Public Service Committee, Member
For The Incest Recovery Association, wrote and aided in the production of the broadcast spot UNSPOKEN TRAGEDY. PSA received honorable mention at the Dallas Ad League Awards.
Masters Degree-level classes taken through Capella University, 2007-2008
BA, California State University, Fresno 1989
Named Outstanding Advertising Graduate, Class of '89
Recipient John Reed King Memorial Scholarship given by Fresno Advertising Federation.
Winner, First Place, 2008 DeSoto Art League Art/Photography Competition
Winner, Third Place, 2009 DeSoto Art League Art/Photography Competition
Winner, Third Place, 2012 DeSoto Art League Art/Photography Competition
Winner, Third Place, 2013 DeSoto Art League Art/Photography Competition
Tree dedication at the Richland College Garland Campus.
Leadership Garland 2018 Distinguished Leader Award